Reading and Writing Wrap Up
- Books read this month: Mouse and the Motorcycle series with the kiddos)
- Best reasons to stay inside and read this month: TERRIBLE WEATHER! I don’t know where all of you are located, but we had snow all the way until the third week of April this month!
- Best of the month: The Hearts Invisible Furies without a doubt. In fact, it’s one of the best books I’ve read this year so far. I think it might be one of those books I can’t bear to reread because of how tenderly it hit me the first time, but we’ll see.
- Books in progress: 3. I’m so close to upping my reading figure, but I’ll be honest. It was a busy month!
- Revision work done this month on the WIP: some good progress, but not quite to draft 2 yet! I’m trying to get things polished enough to send a draft of this retelling rom-com to my beta readers, but it’s taking a little more time than I anticipated. It’s tricky to get in the mood to revise something light. Now that my school year is finished and I’m on leave all summer, hopefully I can turn to finishing it
Life Wrap Up (aka, why I got so little done this month)
- Hours of prep work done to prepare for maternity leave, just in case: 50+
- Baby pajamas washed and ooh-ed over: 12
- Freezer meals prepped: 10
- Days of pre-labor that sent me to the hospital twice: 5
- Most miles walked in one day to try and convince baby to come out: 7
- Pounds of perfection, finally here: 6 1/2