Alright, friends. I’m back from my break with the internet and staying accountable with the goals I set, which were:
- Stay off of social media until Saturday this week: check
- Write 15,000 words of NaNo project from 11/16-11/24: almost, but not quite. broke the 12k mark and over 40k total on the novel!
- Grade 30 research papers: check!
- Finish reading An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States before Litsy Feminist Bookclub’s discussion on 11/25: So close, but yet so far. About 80 pages left and the discussion starts today. I’m ready for today’s question and should be finished before tomorrow’s. Phew.
- Eat, drink, and be merry with family: check, check, and check. Made my famous cranberry relish to accompany the traditional turkey and tried out a new dressing this year (I discovered too much sausage is a thing, apparently.) Good pie, great company, and lots of playtime with the kids
I can feel the NaNo goal in sight and it feels very attainable. My goal after that is to push through December and finish the full first draft (really, it’s a draft zero for how messy it is) before the end of the year. Hints on the theme: on the side I’m reading books on Renaissance astrology and tarot cards, as well as boning up on my Shakespeare. I’m having fun– I think I get why people do this. 🙂
Those NaNoing, whether you’re close to your goal or not, best of luck in this last week!