- I’m at ten books read so far this year, and those ten have already dragged me through the dirt a bit. The Sellout made me gasp–the audiobook is worth every penny. We Eat Our Own by Kea Wilson was a stunning debut; her prose sings. Just finished The Fifth Season for Litsy Feminist Bookclub and it may be the best fantasy novel I’ve ever read. Pick yourself up a copy, if you haven’t yet. (our discussions begin mid-February! Still time to join!)
- My ten fingernails still have dirt under them. I’ve been digging around in my new succulent containers and the smell of potting soil makes me wish it were May already.
- I walked nearly ten-thousand steps today, and half of those were snow-shoveling. When I pulled into my driveway after a long day, I noticed the wind undid my work, but at least the steps remained.
- I graded ten papers today. Usually I grade in purple pen, but I’m out, so it’s old-school red here and it rubbed off on my fingertips.
- I’ve got ten unpublished drafts sitting in my blog-history. Abandoned half-thoughts that might get developed eventually.
At least this prompt got me to finish– although I started it as ten-tens. Another ten is here, and this one means I need to brush my teeth and get to bed.